New York, September 5, 2018 – The Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI)—which has been at the forefront of social reform for more than a century—today announced its 2018-19 Board of Directors and Governance Committee.
The new members will be essential to The Junior League continuing its mission of promoting voluntarism, developing the potential of women and improving communities through the effective action and leadership of trained volunteers. They also will be essential to the organization determining how it can continue to best serve the 291 communities in four countries in which the organization operates.
Susan Danish, AJLI’s CEO/Executive Director, said, “This accomplished group of women will provide our organization with invaluable direction on important strategy and governance issues. They bring an array of skills from their expansive and diverse professional experience and community involvement, as well as from their experience as Junior League members.”
Incoming officers and members of AJLI’s Board of Directors:
- Laurel Lee-Alexander, President— Vice President of Grants and Programs at the Community Foundation for Monterey County; member of the Junior League of Monterey County
- Elizabeth Tyminski, Vice President— Executive Director of The Engineering Center Education Trust; member of the Junior League of Boston
- Cece Gassner, Secretary— Director of Economic Development for Boise State University; member of the Junior League of Boise
- Zena Martin, At-Large Director—Marketing and communications executive; member of the Junior League of Savannah
- Ness Okonkwo, At-Large Director— Director, Senior Structured Credit Executive at Bank of America Merrill Lynch; member of the Junior League of Los Angeles
- Whitni Wilson-Wertz, At-Large Director— Senior Manager, Contract Logistics Center Project Management Team at United Technologies–Otis Elevator; member of the Junior League of Charlotte
Incoming members of AJLI’s Governance Committee:
- Paula Perkins, Governance Committee Vice Chair— Statewide Lead for the Parent Coordination Network at Region 9 Education Service Center; member of the Junior League of Wichita Falls, TX
- Paulette Evans, At-Large Member— Senior Project Manager at Cone Health; member of the Junior League of Greensboro, NC
- Nicole Hubbard, At-Large Member— Chief Certified Registered Nurse Anesthetist at TEAMHealth; member of the Junior League of Tampa
- Sara Mayer, At-Large Member— Director of Operations for The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society; member of the Junior League of Phoenix
President Laurel Lee-Alexander added, “The selection of these new members reflects the Governance Committee’s goal of matching organizational needs and individual strengths to produce an outstanding leadership team for the Association at a critical time in both the organization’s history and as we aspire to inspire greater numbers of women to find their voices and lead.”
About The Junior League
Founded in 1901 by New Yorker and social activism pioneer, Mary Harriman, The Junior League is an organization of transformational female leaders who set bold goals, open their circles, disrupt convention and change the conversation for the betterment of civil society. Today, there are Leagues across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.