New York, July 21, 2017 – The Association of Junior Leagues International (AJLI) today welcomed new officers and members of its Board of Directors as well as new members of its Governance Committee. In their new roles, these women will provide strategic and governance guidance to one of the world’s largest and most effective volunteer organizations.
The incoming officers and members of AJLI’s Board of Directors are:
- Renee Tucei, Treasurer – member of the Junior League of San Francisco;
- Deborah Rabe-San Roman, At-Large Director - member of the Junior League of Mexico City;
- Darci Covington Swanson, At-Large Director – member of the Junior League of Yakima, Washington;
- Michelle J. Vaeth, At-Large Director – member of the Junior League of Cincinnati.
The incoming members of AJLI’s Governance Committee are:
- Bett Farrell Williams, Governance Chair – member of the Junior League of Columbia, South Carolina;
- Meleah Follen, Governance Vice Chair - member of the Junior League of Minneapolis;
- Julianne Averill, At-Large Member – member of the Junior League of Oakland-East Bay;
- Katie Gerson, At-Large Member – member of the Junior League of Kansas City;
- LaShonda Kennedy, At-Large Member – member of the Junior League of Cedar Rapids;
- Gwin Londrigan, At-Large Member – member of the Junior League of Clearwater-Dunedin, Florida;
- Sandra Thompson, At-Large Member – member of the Junior League of Orange County, California.
Susan Danish, AJLI’s Executive Director, said, “This accomplished group of women will provide our organization with valuable direction on important strategy and governance issues. They bring an array of skills from their professional experience and community involvement, as well as from their experience as Junior League members.”
About The Junior League
Founded in 1901 by New Yorker and social activism pioneer, Mary Harriman, The Junior League is an organization of transformational female leaders who set bold goals, open their circles, disrupt convention and change the conversation for the betterment of civil society. Today, there are Leagues across the United States, Canada, Mexico and the United Kingdom.
# # #
Tracy Van Buskirk
Main: (212) 537-5177 Ext. 8
Mobile: (203) 246-6165